Re: visa requirements (US citizens)

2004-01-29 09:56:08
A U.S. citizen does NOT need a visa to visit Korea for a meeting
by a non-profit group such as the Internet Engineering Task Force.
I just confirmed this with the head of the visa section in the
Korean Consulate in Washington DC.

Gene,

Could you please post the contact information for the head of the visa
section of the Korean Consulate?  My call to the to the same consolate
where I navigated the menus to the visa department resulted in me
talking to a person who was ... well, I suppose the kindest thing to
say was that he was less than completely confident in his answer.  It
makes me nervous when two different people talk to the same
organization and get two completely different answers.

--Ken