Potential junk email quarantined (fwd)

2004-02-15 14:51:14
Heh. Another one.  No doubt the user of this system doen't even know that
it does this, nor do we have any idea to to contact, or what the "ITS Help
Desk" is, or how to notify it.

I wonder what about my previous message might have fallen into the 4
categories?

As you can see, a lot of anti-spam effort is ill-conceived and, well,
idiotic at best.  And it is no less troublesome than spam. Probably more
troublesome, in fact.

        --Dean

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:41:01 -0500
From: mailscreen(_at_)itcdeltacom(_dot_)com
To: dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com
Subject: Potential junk email quarantined

MailMarshal has not delivered the following message:

   Message: BA000c2365.00000001.mml
   From:    dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com
   To:      dbotham(_at_)edeltacom(_dot_)com
   Subject: Re: covert channel and noise -- was Re: proposal ...

This is due to automatic rules that have determined that the
message contains one or more of the following:

Personal content
Chain-letter/junk-mail characteristics
Potentially offensive/harrassing language
Known spamming language

If this is a legitimate business related email that you believe has been
blocked in error, please remove any content that may fall into one of the
aforementioned categories and resend the message.

If the message is still blocked, you may contact the intended recipient and
have them notify the ITS Help Desk.

This message will be retained for
seven days.

Please do not reply to this message.