Re: New BOF in Application Area (Internet information retrieval infrastructure)

2004-02-17 11:49:14
At 6:38 PM +0800 02/17/2004, wang liang wrote:
There has been some discussion for Internet information retrieval service in
work groups of IRTF. Now this issue will be discussed in the BOF of
Application Area.

As one of most important services of Internet, current information retrieval
service is still far from our expectation---precise, comprehensive and fresh
information. This problem may become more serious with the rapid development
of Internet. We need pay more attention to this issue. This BOF is just for
it. Wish you can participate in.

The date of this BOF will be determined soon.

The timing and full agenda are available at:

http://www.ietf.org/ietf/04mar/iiri.txt

Note that the chairs are different from that listed in Wang Liang's
recent note; Guo Yiping and Andy Newton will chair the meeting,
since Wang Liang will be a major presenter.  John Klensin will
be presenting the history of IETF work in the area, but it would be
useful if those present were familiar with the previous work
in METAD and FIND as well as the citations given in the BoF
agenda.
                        regards,
                                Ted Hardie