Re: "Principles" of "Spam-abatement"

2004-03-17 14:47:04
vjs(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com (Vernon Schryver) writes:

... but I don't see any direct connection between [DNSSEC] and a
replacement for DNS blacklists.

i know.  but you asked about trust query protocols, not about blackhole
lists.  as the creator of the first blackhole list, let me just say,
"they don't scale."

I don't see what multicast has much to do with my SMTP server asking my
chosen (and hired) clearinghouse about the reputation of the owner the IP
address of an SMTP client.  Some sort of anycast might be a good
optimization.  I guess anycasting can be seen as a form of multicasting.
Is that what you mean?

no.  for one thing, this is not (at heart) an smtp problem.  more later.
--
Paul Vixie