L2TP Deployment Scenario?

2004-03-18 21:50:46
Hi,

L2TP is an encapsulation that allows multiplexing of multiple PPP sessions
between two IP-connected endpoints, and a control protocol for dynamically

Since L2TP is so strongly tied with PPP, can i assume that it will be *mostly*
used when a user
dials (ISDN/modem) into the ISP network (LAC) to contact the corporate network.

Can I then connect a small branch office to the corporate network using L2TP?
Does it make any
sense doing that. I am now talking of a deployment scenario. Do you ever have
two branches
connected via L2TP? I searched the internet and found only scenarios wherein a
remote access user
dials into the ISP to access the corporate network using L2TP. Is the former
possible?

In theory, one could have a small office with some < 10 users connected to
switch which in turn
dials into the ISPs network. Is this possible?

With regards,
Rohit

P.S.
And thanks to everybody for responding both on the list and offline!