How to start my network simulation project in Glomosim

2004-05-25 12:31:21
Hello all,

I am starting my MSc project on a newly developed stream video
encoding/decoding scheme. We want to compare and test our scheme with the
currently standard video encoding schemes in the wired/wireless multi-casting
network environment.  We are considering to use the network simulator -
Glomosim.

Since I am new to the Glomosim. I don't know how to modify it to make it suit
for our research purpose. I would like to know some guidelines of how to start
my project using Glomosim.

We will encode the video into frames and feed them to the Glomosim and receive
them at multiple ends.  Upon receiving, the receives will decode the frames
into stream video again.  The main goal of using the simulator is to see how
the encoding/decoding scheme work in the unreliable network environment.

I would like to know  how can I modify the Glomosim in order to transfer those
custom made "frame" data?  which part in the Glomosim shall I modify?  Shall I
start from looking at codes in the Application Layer?

We will use the ODMRP routing protocol and IEEE802.11 and/or UDP.

Any suggestion is very welcomed.  Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Frank

^ ^

---