Re: Intellectual property clarification - please

2004-06-24 17:05:36
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:56:46 EDT, Sal Mangiapane
<salm(_at_)servanttechnology(_dot_)com>  said:

Is it the intention to always include the IPR statement and the RFC
Editor will only "ensure" it when an IPR disclosure has been made?

I read it as "If we are aware of an IPR claim or disclosure, the RFC Editor
will include the appropriate text.".  I don't see any requirement that the RFC
Editor
add text protecting against an undisclosed "submarine" patent claim or similar
unfriendly activities....

(Whether such language *should* be added to protect against that is a subject
for another flame-fest, another day.. ;)