Re: dynamic keying via 802.1X on IETF wireless

2004-08-05 21:18:58
On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 11:29:09PM -0400, Karen O'Donoghue wrote:
Folks,

While I realize there are only hours left, I have decided to
forward these directions anyway.

PEAP is working now, with a username/password of ietf60/ietf60.

So, a configuration how-to :

From the Start menu, select "Control Panel", followed by ...

I am having trouble finding the Start Menu.  Is it the blue Apple icon
in the top left of my screen? :)

That aside, I associated OK with 8021.x to your ssid using MacOS/X 10.3.4.

You need to open Internet Connect, select the 802.1x menu, and plug the
appropriate configurations in there (ietf60-1x as ssid, ietf60/ietf60
as passwd, and set PEAP and MSCHAPv2 as preferred).  Looks to be rather
simpler than the process involving the Start Menu...

However, the Mac approach appears to force you to accept/review the
the presented server certificate(s) at some point.  I saw two:
        - test.server.some.company.com
        - OSC Test CA

Neither looked like anything "official" (as much as your test is official :)

Anyway, thanks for setting up the test.

Tim