RE: Question about use of RSVP in Production Networks

2004-08-13 07:54:26
Hi Ping,

My apologies (to all) for making the same point later in the
thread that you had already made here...processing my list of
open mail in the wrong order evidently!

But I am glad to have your confirmation of the wide deployment
of RSVP-TE in carrier MPLS nets.  I worked hard to promote that
approach several years before there were any such actual deployments
and have since moved on to other domains.

Cordially,
BobN

---- Original message ----
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:32:10 -0700
From: "Ping Pan" <ppan(_at_)hammerheadsystems(_dot_)com>
Subject: RE: Question about use of RSVP in Production Networks
To: "Fleischman, Eric" <eric(_dot_)fleischman(_at_)boeing(_dot_)com>
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

Do you count for RSVP-TE, that has been deployed widely in carrier
networks? Other than multicast and wild-card filtering, all other
features (and more) defined in the context of RSVP have been developed
and deployed. The number of RSVP sessions (a.k.a. MPLS LSP's) is in the
range of thousands in large backbone networks.

Hope this will help.

- Ping