Re: IESG/IAB conclusions, recommendation and next steps

2004-10-08 14:29:02

--On fredag, oktober 08, 2004 14:12:58 -0400 Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz(_at_)cmu(_dot_)edu> wrote:

On Friday, October 08, 2004 09:32:52 +0200 Harald Tveit Alvestrand
<harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> wrote:

The "BCP section" of the scenario O note will be pulled out and published
as an internet-draft. We'd like to put this description to the IETF
community for a formal Last Call before the November IETF meeting, if
possible.

Given the seriousness of the issues at stake, I think this document
warrants a longer-than-usual last call, possibly preceeded by additional
discussion.  I particularly think there should be an opportunity to
discuss this proposal, ask questions, etc during the November meeting,
This is not incompatible with starting a last call before the meeting, so
long as the last call period does not _end_ before the meeting is over.'

Agreed. That's the plan (the fastest version of it - if discussion does not converge quickly, it may take even longer).