Whilst we're on the subject of IPR (as usual)

2004-10-16 18:20:57
Hi Folks,
  In the process of submitting I-Ds to the new improved specs, I had
reason to look at (and cut-and-paste from) the fine I-D guidelines document.

I also tried out the XML2RFC 1.26 web service, and can attest that it adds no pain over and above that intrinsic in the use of XML (i.e. level 1-9, depending on your orientation).

However, I note that the "Warranty" Disclaimer is labelled as a "Disclaimer of Validity". Is there a particular reason why this isn't labelled as a "Disclaimer of Warranty"? "Validity" seems to be mentioned in the IPR statement, but not in the Warranty bit.

all the best,
  Lawrence