Re: Call for Consensus: IETF Administrative Restructuring

2004-10-26 23:39:00

--On tirsdag, oktober 26, 2004 21:52:12 -0700 Lee <lmahan(_at_)designwest(_dot_)com> wrote:

I seem to have missed the consensus agreement somewhere along the line,
could someone please state what the statement is that we are suppose to
be consenting to before I agree or disagree.  As it stands now, as one of
the silent members, I disagree.

To quote from the message:

We believe that the IETF community opinion has converged on a rough consensus to restructure our administrative support activity as described in this recommendation ("Scenario O").

The document describing the recommendation is:

 draft-iab-iesg-adminrest-rec-00.txt

I've been burned a little too many times by trying to summarize a document and have people argue with my summarization rather than what is in the document.... so I will just recommend that you read the document, and then answer based on that - whether you agree that we should follow this recommendation, or whether you disagree that we should follow this recommendation.

                     Harald