Inviting proposals for the IASA Transition Team members (fwd)

2004-11-01 14:32:01
Some of you may read the IETF list earlier than IETF-announce...

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: mandag, november 01, 2004 03:16:01 -0500
From: Harald Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no>
To: IETF Announcement list <ietf-announce(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Subject: Inviting proposals for the IASA Transition Team members

The IESG and IAB have called for IETF consensus on a plan for transitioning
the IETF administrative support infrastructure.

If the transition that we have proposed garners IETF consensus, we intend to
build a transition team in order to get to work on the details of the
structure we are building as fast as possible.

The transition team will do substantial work on getting the IASA structure
up and running. The transition team would not be empowered to make binding
agreements, but could work with appropriate consultants and advisors to
make a lot of progress towards making sure the IASA gets off to a quick
start - see draft-wasserman-adminrest-plan for details.

This effort will require a substantial time investment from the team
members in the months of November, December and January; the exact length
of the team's tenure depends on the speed and result of the process leading
to the IAOC being seated.

As described in draft-wasserman-adminrest-plan, the composition of the team
is the following:

1 IESG selected member
1 IAB selected member
1 ISOC selected member
The IETF Chair
The IAB Chair
The ISOC President/CEO

The IESG and IAB needs to find the right people to select for this team - we
need people who understand the types of issues involved (financial,
management, legal and so on), as well as understanding the IETF.

We would like to have suggestions from the community on who would be good
people for these roles. Please send names of people you think would do a
good job on this team (or your own name, if you're willing to be
considered) to the the IESG and IAB lists (iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org and
iab(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org);
we will attempt to put together a merged "candidate pool" from which the
IAB and IESG can make their picks.

In order to make it possible to consult with people at the IETF, we request
that you send us the names of possible candidates before November 8, 2004.

More info on the admin restructuring process can be found at
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/adminrest/