RE: [Sipforum-discussion] Collecting media statistics for SIP cal ls?

2004-11-04 11:29:24
Pramod,

There is a SIPPING draft already in progress that addresses transporting of
collected performance metrics using SIP methods.  All of the metrics you
site in your email are covered plus many more.  Please refer to:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sipping-rtcp-summary-04.t
xt.  Your comments are welcomed.

Thanks,
Amy Pendleton
Nortel Networks
aspen(_at_)nortelnetworks(_dot_)com
aspen(_at_)iptel(_dot_)org

-----Original Message-----
From: sipforum-discussion-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)su(_dot_)se
[mailto:sipforum-discussion-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)su(_dot_)se] On Behalf Of
Madabhushi
Pramod
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 6:09 PM
To: sip-implementors-requesto(_at_)cs(_dot_)columbia(_dot_)edu;
sipforum-discussion(_at_)lists(_dot_)su(_dot_)se; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: [Sipforum-discussion] Collecting media statistics for SIP calls?

Is there any way by which I call query a SIP endpoint
for media statictics after call termination. I would
like to know details like Jitter, latency, packet
loss, packets received, packets sent etc.

Thanks in advance.

Pramod Madabhushi
ShoreTel communications.

=====