Re: IASA BCP Issue: Budgeting process and financial oversight

2004-11-25 09:46:21
Correct, Carl.  The issue is oversight -- who leads the committees that
review the financial statements and the IAD performance.  Allowing the IAD
to lead the review of his/her own performance does not make sense.

And I'd also argue that while it is the IAD's job to come up with the
budget, that does not happen in a vaccuum -- the ISOC, IAOC and IETF
community need to provide input into the service level that is expected,
and those changes need to be explicit.  That was, I think, Bob Kahn's
point at the plenary.

Rather than focussing on timelines (which after all, may change), I'd like
to see more discussion of the expected working relationship.  I don't
think we want the "throw it over the wall" process that seems to be
implied.