Re: Adminrest: IASA BCP: Separability

2004-12-02 19:59:10
At 10:54 AM 2/12/2004, avri(_at_)psg(_dot_)com wrote:

On 1 dec 2004, at 22.35, Sam Hartman wrote:

I had sort of assumed this BCP would be the MOU to the extent that one
existed.

I think that there has to be an equivalent document on the ISOC side as indicated by Geoff, i.e. a document indicating acceptance of the BCP as governing the relationship. And these documents should take effect at essentially the same time.

Since, ISOC, under current rules, if I understand them correctly, needs to approve BCP's that change IETF processes, it should be easy for the two documents to be approved, and thus put into effect, simultaneously.

Perhaps there should be wording in this document indicating how and when it takes effect.

The usual course of events, as I understand them, would be for the Board of ISOC to accept the BCP's defined role for ISOC by resolution. The definition of ISOC's role would be defined either by reference to the BCP document, or by reference to an extract from that document that just specifies ISOC's role. Of course precisely how ISOC chooses implements this is beyond he scope of this particular discussion, but I don't believe that there is, a priori, a need for multiple documents here.

regards,

   Geoff