Re: iasa-bcp-01 - IAD committees

2004-12-03 11:46:41

I agree (I trust that we do not have to list everything the IAD is
permitted to do - it could be a long list)

Scott

Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:27:19 +0100
From: Brian E Carpenter <brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: iasa-bcp-01 - IAD committees

On balance I think this whole paragraph should be deleted.
It's self-evident that the IAD can ask for advice, and it doesn't
need to be documented.

3.2  IAD Committees

   The IAD may constitute special-purpose, chartered committees to bring
   in expertise (on topics such as finance, IETF process, or tools), to
   engage volunteers in IASA activities, or to gain additional
   perspectives.  Such committees may consist of subsets of the IAOC,
   IAB or IESG, selected IETF participants, or external experts,
   depending on the need.  These committees are advisory in nature --
   the IAD is responsible for the outcome, including presenting and
   supporting any decisions or work items to the IAOC and the IETF
   community, as appropriate.

   Brian