RE: iasa-bcp-01 - ISOC support

2004-12-03 16:16:02
Inline

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of
Brian E Carpenter
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 11:33
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: iasa-bcp-01 - ISOC support

7.  ISOC Responsibilities for IASA
   Independence: The IASA should be financially and legally distinct
      from other ISOC activities.

Since it's a unit of ISOC, it can't be legally distinct. We
have discussion elsewhere of the financial arrangements.
So I would reduce this sentence to

    Independence: The IASA shall be distinct from other ISOC
activities.

makes sense to me personally but also to me as co-editor.
Speak up if you (anyone) do not agree, because I intend
to make the change.

      ... IETF meeting fees shall be deposited
      in a separate IETF-specific financial account and
used to fund the
      IASA under the direction and oversight of the IAOC.
Any fees or
      payments collected from IETF meeting sponsors should also be
      deposited into this account.  The IAD administers
this account and
      uses it to fund the IASA in accordance with a budget
and policies
      developed as described above.

This is all repetition of earlier stuff and should be deleted.

Not sure. It lists the ISOC responsibilities.
We have listed responsibilities of IAD, IAOC etc, and some of that
is also a repeat. I think the original authors (text is mainly
unchanged from the wasserman-bcp draft) were trying to make sure
that the ISOC responsibilities were listed in one place for easy
review by ISOC... not sure though.

Margaret/Leslie??

   Support: ISOC may, from time to time, choose to transfer
   other funds into the IASA account to fund IETF administrative
   projects or to cover IETF meeting revenue shortfalls.  There may
   also be cases
      where ISOC chooses to loan money to the IASA to help with
      temporary cash flow issues.  These cases should be documented
      carefully and tracked on both sides.  ISOC will work to provide
      the operational reserve for IASA functioning described above.

This is also repetition. Either delete it, or reduce it to a single
sentence referring back to earlier text.

same answer as before.
reducing some of this text to reference to earlier text seems like
a good suggestion to me (personally). Have not concluded yet if
we really should do it.

Bert
     Brian