Re: draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-02: section 3.4 - IAOC Decision Making

2004-12-13 01:11:50

--On 12. desember 2004 20:38 -0500 Scott Bradner <sob(_at_)harvard(_dot_)edu>
wrote:

open from last version

I think it must be made clear that all IAOC decision making involves
all IAOC members then in office - not just a subset that might show up
at a meeting or on a phone call

maybe add: "All IAOC decision making includes all IAOC members then in
office."

I cannot find a previous message from you with the word "subset" in it, but you may have used some other phrase - but I disagree with your proposal; I don't think the IAOC should be completely paralyzed by one member being on holiday, ill or for other reasons unable to participate.

This is usually handled by quorum rules. I think the IAOC should set those (and publish them).

                      Harald