Re: draft-phillips-langtags-08, process, specifications, and extensions

2005-01-03 19:47:07
"Christian" == Christian Huitema
<huitema(_at_)windows(_dot_)microsoft(_dot_)com> writes:

    Christian> Could you please pursue this rather technical
    Christian> discussion on a specialized list, rather than the main
    Christian> IETF list?

There is sort of this problem that most of this traffic is last call
comments on a document.  Our procedures require that last call
comments be sent to ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org or iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)
 iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org is
not a public list; so if you want to make a last call comment that is
visible to the world, not just the IESG, you do need to copy
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)

That said, I think this discussion could benefit from discussion on
the ietf-languages lists with agreed summaries at the end of the last
call period.

Sam, speaking as an individual.