Re: Wordsmithed consensus: #771 Powers of the Chair of the IAOC

2005-01-07 01:56:58
The text looks fine to me as well. --Jari

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

I have seen very little disagreement on the intent of the words in the paragraphs I quoted, but quite a bit of wordsmithing. So let's try again.....

  The members of the IAOC shall select one of its appointed voting
  members to serve as the chair of the IAOC.
  The term of the IAOC chair shall be one year from the time of
  selection or the remaining time of his tenure on the IAOC,
  whichever is less.
  An individual may serve any number of terms as chair, if selected
  by the IAOC.

  The Chair serves at the pleasure of the IAOC, and may be removed
  from that position at any time by a two thirds vote of the voting
  membership of the IAOC.

  The chair of the IAOC shall have the authority to manage the
  activities and meetings of the IAOC.

This is mostly John's text, with tweaks by me and Geoff. I made the term one year from selection (closing off the ambiguity John worried about).

s/his/his or her/

Otherwise OK

   Brian