Re: Authors soliciting comments

2005-01-13 01:20:37
UNICEF has just announced the creation of Warning Center in the Indian
Ocean; it will be ready in 2006. The announcement has been made in
Mauritius(where I live), small island in the Indian Ocean, where the
conference on SIDS (Small Islands Developing States) is currently being held
in the presence of Kofi Annan, Secretary General of UN.

Baree

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Baker" <fred(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
To: <greg(_dot_)daley(_at_)eng(_dot_)monash(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: Authors soliciting comments

At 04:54 PM 01/12/05 +1100, Greg Daley wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't believe that there is an actively monitored
tsunami
service in the Indian ocean, which may have been able to transfer such
warnings. The role of a generic, authenticated, internet-based warning
system may be useful in future though.

That is rather an important thing to lack, and yes, I understand that to
be
the case as well.

Thanks.