Consensus? #746 IAOC decision making

2005-01-19 10:39:03
After all the wordsmithing, I'm calling this a consensus for the relevant paragraph in section 3.4:

OLD (version -04):

  The IAOC attempts to reach all decisions unanimously.  If the IAOC
  cannot achieve a unanimous decision, the IAOC decides by voting.

NEW:

The IAOC attempts to reach consensus on all decisions.
If the IAOC cannot achieve a consensus decision, then
the IAOC may decide by voting.

OK?

(I think the tracker clearly shows that we have consensus on this point. But the editors and the tracker maintainer like to have clear messages from me that we have concluded....)