Re: Rough consensus on no change? #786 Firing the IAOC

2005-01-20 19:33:16

--On Wednesday, 19 January, 2005 14:24 +0100 Harald Tveit
Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> wrote:

Version -04 says the following about firing IAOC members:

   IAOC members are subject to recall in the event that an
IAOC member
   abrogates his or her duties or acts against the best
interests of the
   IETF community.  Any appointed IAOC member, including those
appointed
   by the IAB, IESG or ISOC Board of Trustees, may be recalled
using the
   recall procedure defined in RFC 3777 [RFC3777].  IAOC
members are
   not, however, subject to recall by the bodies that
appointed them.

The procedure in RFC 3777 calls for recalling members one by
one. John very clearly made the point that if the IAOC
collectively behaves in a bad way, the community may be better
off firing the whole group than in trying to find "the guilty
party" among the members.

After a long debate, I conclude that John is the only
proponent for changing this paragraph to have other rules for
recall than RFC 3777 has - other people thought that we should
live with the text as written.
So I call a rough consensus for "no change".

Are people willing to live with that?

I have given up and I accept this outcome.  I hope the rest of
you turn out to be right or, better, that the problem never
arises.

   john