RE: Resolution? #787 terminology and issue 794 - naming of accou nts

2005-01-26 18:44:35
At 1:25 PM +0100 1/26/05, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
Having seen some more reactions... I think we can solve
the "general Ledger Accounts" issue with a very simple
addition as follows:

            <section title="Cost Center Accounting" anchor="cc-accounting">
                <t>
                    As discussed with ISOC, funds managed by IASA shall
                    be accounted for in a separate set of general ledger
                    accounts within the Cost Center IASA.
                    In the remainder of this document, these general ledger
                    accounts are termed "IASA accounts".
                    A periodic summary of the IASA accounts shall be reported
                    in the form of standard financial statements that reflect
                    the income, expenses, assets, and liabilities of the IASA
                    cost center.
                </t>

Bert, one nit -- the last sentence should be changed as follows:

s/and liabilities of the IASA cost center./and liabilities of IASA./

Cost center terminology refers to the P&L but as we're including assets and liabilities it doesn't really belong here.

Thanks, Lynn