Re: 1918bis

2005-02-03 07:06:50
Hi, Tony,

It is long past time to get over any thoughts about reclaiming IPv4 space. It will never happen. No organization is going to give up any they have until we are well past the point where anyone cares about getting more.

IPv4 has reached the point of success/failure and is a dead end protocol. The IETF just refuses to recognize the zombie for what it is and move on. I tried to get Harald to make closing all IPv4 work his last act but so far he
has not taken up the opportunity.

To be fair, Harald hasn't reached end-of-life yet, so we can (and should) still hope for this to happen :-)

Spencer