Re: IAOC Responsibilities

2005-02-03 20:50:26
Hi, Bob.  It was pointed out to me privately that my message could be
misinterpreted and that it might come across as if I'm not interested
in listening to and evaluating proposals for change.  That's certainly
not my intent so let me take a step back and explain what I was trying
to do.

I described what I thought it meant for the IASA to manage the IETF's
IPR and how that interacted with ISOC.  I wasn't trying to say that I
was unwilling to consider changing that.  I was simply trying to point
out what I think the BCP says today and what I think that means.

If you want to propose changing that, I'm happy to listen to your
proposal and seriously consider it.  But I need to understand what you
are proposing, how you believe it differs from what we are doing in
the BCP currently and why that is a good change.

For example I don't currently know if you are proposing change because
you believe the text in the BCP has a different effect than I think it
does or because you believe that the effect I describe is undesirable.

Sorry about any confusion my earlier message caused.

--Sam