Settling #845 section 7 - "affiliate"

2005-02-11 10:50:26
After listening to Fred and Ted about the possible ways ISOC can organize the IASA formally, it occured to me that I don't think the words were intended to be an exclusive list of the possibilities, just a list of some imaginable possibilities.
So this is what I have in my edit buffer:

           <t>
               Within the constraints outlined above, all other
               details of how to structure this activity within
               ISOC
               (for instance as a cost center, a division, or an
               affiliate) shall be determined by ISOC in
               consultation with the IAOC.
           </t>

"Affiliate" was what Fred and Ted seemed happy with in the back-and-forth between "formal subsidiary" and "wholly-controlled affiliate".