Re: [idn] nameprep2 and the slash homograph issue

2005-02-24 20:58:10
Eric,
let not confuse the issues. There is no problem in introducing a Draft for information. This Draft should only be a about color code for displaying the URI when the U/IRI is displayed in a non unique color. It should only include an introduction to document the needs for a multicolored display, then the needs for a standardized colored code, then the considered colored parts of the URI: scheme, levels, etc. and the IANA consideration for the registration of the list of the colors. So the multicolored display is a MAY, but then the shade of the colors should be a MUST: this is one of the interest of multicolored display, that this is a cross application/browser standard.

When I talk of the W3C, this is because the first need is for the Web. But obviously everywhere an URI is displayed (mail agents, instant messaging, advertizing, word processors, etc. ) the color code should be the same.
jfc