RE: FW: Why?

2005-03-15 11:39:25
    > From: "Tony Hain" <alh-ietf(_at_)tndh(_dot_)net>

    > 'A tremendous amount of work' is the fundamental point of my
    > complaint. We are wasting valuable resources patching a hack.

'A tremendous amount of work' is the fundamental point of my complaint
too. We are wasting valuable resources trying to launch a turkey that
obviously won't fly. It is marginally acceptable for the IESG to deal
with this, but the IAB should be looking forward and charting a new, more
plausible course, not focusing on the failures of the past.

In any case there is no need for new standardization work involving IPv6,
it is a dead end, we know it is a dead end, yet because of the vast
amount of resources (and reputations) spent on it, people want to focus
on it. Get over it and move on.

        Noel