Presence -Watcher clarification

2005-03-20 21:41:22

Hi

Greetings!

Can any VOIP -Presence Agent designer help me in clarifying the below issue?

This is  with reference to the Model for Presence and IM and related Info.

The watcher sends SUBSCRIBE Request to the Presence Agent and the Presence
Agent sends Notification for any change observed in the presentity.
"In contrast the fetcher is interested only in the current status of the
presentity ,it does not send SUBSCRIBE request" -in this context , what is the
method invoked by the Fetcher (like the watcher invoking SUBSCRIBE method) ?
Whom does it query?Does it query the Presence Agent? Or it has access to the
registration database ?( Logically I affirm that the fetcher need not have
access to the registration data base).Could any one help me in clarifying the
issue?

Thanks and Regards
Gandhi Sivakumar(RG)
Project Manager
NM -Research
MBT,
INDIA

Disclaimer:
The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or
attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of MBT and
should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other
than the intended addressee(s).   In case you are not the desired addressee,
you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender.  The views
expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s)
if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views of MBT.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of
any virus.  However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that
it is virus free and MBT is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in
any way from its use