Re: a fishing expedition ...

2005-03-24 18:37:51
On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 03:02:48AM -0800, Carl Malamud wrote:
On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 12:23:55PM -0800, Carl Malamud wrote:
My fishing expedition is this:

    Have other people received a lot of these "when did you first"
    queries?  If so, would you send me a private note?  I promise not
    to use your name without your permission and will summarize my
    results for the list if there interest.

You don't fool me, Carl.  Who's trying to invalidate your patent on
finding prior art to defend patents? :-)

The sad thing is now I have to go search and see if somebody actually
did that.  There was indeed a patent granted to two lawyers on a
method for writing patents, if you can believe it.

Stop it.  You're scaring me.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc