Re: IETF Throughput (was RE: Voting (again))

2005-05-04 12:39:20
Brian,

    But unfortunately the
 IESG still receives a fair number of documents with fairly serious
 technical issues and/or serious editorial issues. As long as that is true,
 I really don't see how we can take away the IESG's responsibility as the
 back stop for quality, especially for cross-area issues.

I have not seen anything like a groundswell of suggestions that the IESG-based
quality assurrance function be ended and I do not expect to see it, for
exactly the reason you cite.

However retaining that IESG function does not require that individual ADs
continue to have veto.  Ralph Drom's recent postings in this regard are
particularly cogent.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker