Re: Uneccesary slowness.

2005-05-23 12:01:03
Sam,

Thanks. The IETF last call and scheduling of telechats are visible and understandable. What's the figure for time for AD review?

Steve

Sam Hartman wrote:
"Steve" == Steve Crocker <steve(_at_)stevecrocker(_dot_)com> writes:

    Steve> Well, I'm probably living in a very old universe, which may
    Steve> be out of date.  What numbers are more appropriate?

I'd think two months would be doing good for IESG processing.  That
includes AD review, IETf last call, telechat delays and a bit of slop
for interaction with the authors.  However that's time to travel
through the queue, not actually time spent on that document.

Because of the delays involved with telechats and last call, getting a
WG document done in less than a month of wall time or an individual
document done in less than 1.5 months is very unlikely.