An interesting sub-note for all of you using the xml tool for drafts

2005-06-08 07:46:19
Dear all:

I recently submitted a draft to the ietf repository and got
this response... Note that the front of my document had
"

   This document is an Internet-Draft and is subject to all provisions
   of Section 3 of RFC 3667.  By submitting this Internet-Draft, each
   author represents that any applicable patent or other IPR claims of
   which he or she is aware have been or will be disclosed, and any of
   which he or she become aware will be disclosed, in accordance with
   RFC 3668.

"

as the very first paragraph.. .this was generated via the XML tool..

So, I guess the automated tool will no longer accept this statement
with a reference to RFC 36668.... it has to be BCP 79... and the
section number.

So if you are planning to do the "rush to submit" at the last
hour... and if you are using the xml tool.. be sure to save the
wording below and manually edit it into place... that is what
I have been doing this week to all the drafts I have been submitting..

If you don't .. you will have a rather funny surprise aka rejected
draft... and that would not be fun if your a procrastanator :-0

The Secretariat CANNOT process your Internet-Draft submission due to
following reason(s):

 * All Internet-Drafts must have on the first page an intellectual property
rights (IPR) statement that says:

By submitting this Internet-Draft, each author represents
that any applicable patent or other IPR claims of which he
or she is aware have been or will be disclosed, and any of
which he or she becomes aware will be disclosed, in
accordance with Section 6 of BCP 79.

--
Randall Stewart
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222(cell)