Real or fraud?... FW: About your registration at IETF event

2005-06-27 06:52:58
Hi

Can someone say if they've received a similar email to this (and that it was
genuine)

Since the IETF attendee list is public, such a "simple" email looks very
suspicious (and the pdf I got had a different fax number - maybe a sign of
authenticity :)

Cheers, Rod.

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Kim Wallet [mailto:kim(_at_)france-connection(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 4:02 PM
To: kim(_at_)france-connection(_dot_)com
Subject: About your registration at IETF event

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Please find here attached your credit card paying form which absolutely needs
to be filled in order for us to completely register you and your acompaniers.

We have already found  some forms not completely filled or confusing: the usual
mistake comes from the difference between what has been mentioned on the
registration form and what is said to be charged on the credit card paying
form. Precisely, make sure your due is calculated on the number of people who
will assist to the event (ex: if you are accompanied by 1 person on your
registration form, it means for us that you are to be charged 2x30€ = 60 € for
yourself and the accompanier).
If you have made a mistake on the registration form, please send us a mail
sayind so so we can rectify.

The second little detail often forgotten is the three digit number at the back
of your credit card: it is rather badly mentioned on the form but we need it.

Whether you have received the credit card paying form already or not, please
send it back to us by fax at this number:
00 33 1 42 66 12 12.

Thank you very much for your patience and attention,

Hoping your stay in Paris will be wonderful

Best regards,

--
           Kim Wallet

                DMC