Re: Proper behaviour towards irritating persons (RE: I'm not going to listen...)

2005-06-28 07:25:05
    > From: John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>

    > People who take on roles that pretty much require that read even
    > irritating postings, such as ADs and WG Chairs, assume a dual
    > responsibility to the community: one of them is to try to read postings
    > and extract the signal from the noise and the other is to deal quietly
    > and equitably with the noise.

Some of us think they also have a responsibility to the community to improve
the overall signal/noise ratio on the list by ejecting those whose messages
are all noise and no signal - say, for instance, obboxious troll spammers.

        Noel