Re: Resolution of last call comments for draft-harris-ssh-arcfour-fixes-02.txt

2005-06-29 08:00:40
On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Sam Hartman wrote:

Please add an applicability statement discussing the performance
advantages of RC4 against the known security weaknesses.  You may end
up reusing text from your security considerations text.  Your
applicability statement needs to suggest to the reader that they
consider the ssh newmodes draft as an alternative to your rc4 ciphers.
This alternative should be chosen in environments where the advantages
of RC4 do not make it attractive.

OK.

In addition, I'm still waiting to hear back from you on the questions
raised in the security directorate review.  While these points are
minor, they should be addressed.

Um, I don't think I've seen these questions, and a quick grep through my mailbox doesn't turn up the word "directorate" anywhere. Should I have been watching somewhere I wasn't?

--
Ben Harris