Re: RFC 2434 term "IESG approval" (Re: IANA Action: Assignment of an IPV6 Hop-by-hop Option)

2005-06-30 05:17:16
Dear John,
the subject is of importance and cannot be dealt with an individual's draft in Franglish. "Qui va piano va sano", "doucment, doucement nous sommes pressés" (Talleyrand).

As a liaison to ICANN BoD you know that the criteria I quote are those (reviewed by a two years experiment) of the ICANN call to the Internet Community (IETF being the only one namely quoted) for experimentation, as the necessary element for Internet innovation. IETF has never wanted to consider the call (ICP-3 Part 5) because this is not its charter, and I believe this is true.