Quality/Quantity of NOMCOM candidates

2005-07-28 06:53:45
Danny,

I asserted at one point that we have a problem getting good people to do
the jobs the IETF needs getting done (e.g., IESG, IAB).  I only have
anecdotal experience of people I know who have in the past turned down
consideration.  Fundamentally the NOMCOM process can only work if you
have a selection of candidates from which to choose.  The community
currently has no current basis to determine the effectiveness of the
process.

I wonder if you could provide us some statistics from the last round,
without violating confidences.  I'm interested in the following sorts of
details:

 - number of candidates who were nominated for each area (not by name)
   and for the IAB
 - number who agreed to serve (per area and for the IAB)
 - number of those who made the short list per area and for the IAB

Thanks very much,

Eliot