ietf63 network status

2005-08-01 09:09:04
Folks,

We are aware of and tracking a couple of issues that we'd like to pass along to
you.

First, for Mac OS X users, wep doesn't seem to work with the combination of
Cisco 1200 hardware/firmware that we are using. Please use either the open or
1x WLANs. If you are running the Tiger version of Mac OS X, please be
forewarned that it does take awhile to authenticate with 1x (30 - 45 seconds).

Second, a small subset of laptops with embedded wireless built with the Intel
2100 mini pci wireless chipset appear to cause the laptop to crash. Current
solutions include updating the driver or disabling the wireless in the BIOS and
using the wired connections. The helpdesk folks can help you with this issue.

Karen