RE: Two laptops lost right inside IETF WG meeting room

2005-08-09 07:35:22

I would not like to say it is reasonable or unreasonable.

But I do know, I lost something, all of the people who I asked
just record and do nothing.

Anyhow, what I would like to know is whether the case
could be possible or not legally, other than just say it is
reasonable or unreasonble.

-Hui

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Jim Sermersheim [mailto:jimse@novell.com]
        Sent: 2005+XnQ-8+Zwg-9+ZeU- 22:24
        To: DENG, HUI -HCHBJ; ietf@ietf.org
        Subject: Re: Two laptops lost right inside IETF WG meeting room

        It seems unreasonable to expect compensation. If you left your property
unattended, the loss (however unfortunate) is yours.  Even if a security guard
were present, how would he/she know who the laptops belong to?  Would you
expect to be interrogated if you returned to pick them up?

        >>> "+-ACI-DENG, HUI -HCHBJ+-ACI-" <hdeng@hitachi.cn> 8/9/05 7:37:46 AM

        Dear all

        We two people lost our laptop right inside the WG meeting room
        during the break time of the 63rd IEF meeting.

        We are wondering whether we could accuse the La De Congress
        for their security guard and get some compensation?

        B.R.,

        -Hui