Re: Last Call: 'Internet Code Point Assignments' to Proposed Standard

2005-08-12 05:54:19
On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Given RFC 4048, is there sufficient evidence that this would be useful to the operational (or any other) community ?

My understanding is that the ATM world needs this.

Even the ATM forum has died, having been abandoned by the operators almost 10 years ago. I doubt anyone is developing the technology anymore. V4 and v6 work just fine with ATM SVCs and PVCs as it is. It might be useful to describe (in the draft if this goes forward) why exactly these code point assingments are needed.

(Your other editorial suggestions seem OK to me..)