STD (was: Last Call: 'Tags for Identifying Languages'toBCP)

2005-08-28 17:42:20
An exchange on WG-ltru documents (I do not say "support": the reader will judge) the positions I support.

It involves:
- Peter Constable: one of the initiator of the project and author of ISO 639-3 which lists 7500 languages and is used in building langtags
- Doug Ewel: author of the Draft concerning the initial content of the registry
- Debbie Garside: the author of ISO 639-6