Re: Appeal: Publication of draft-lyon-senderid-core-01 in conflict

2005-08-29 14:01:32
Go Mehwua wrote:

 [various sender policies]
you can't make people look at them.

Yes.

You can't tell them what to do when they read them.

Not quite.  You're of course free to look at "my" policy,
decide that you don't like its redirect=, and stop your
evaluation at this point.  If you really hate redirect=
you can also reject it:  "55x - I hate redirect="

What you can't do is to claim that the spec. tells you
to ignore (or reject) all redirect=  If you'd do this
it would be a lie, you'd be violating the specification.

Actually the same for _any_ specification, not limited
to SID / SPF / SSP / P3P / etc. - support it, ignore it,
break it as you see fit, your server, your rules.

The issue here with the first senderid appeal is that
it's _impossible_ for you to follow the SPF spec. and
the SID (PRA) spec. simultaneously if you want it.

The second senderid appeal is about a similar issue
(if I understood it correctly), it is _impossible_ for
you to follow RfC 2822 and SID (PRA) simultaneously.

                       Bye, Frank