Re: DNSEXT Minutes @ IETF-63 [Software Patent issues denied discussion]

2005-09-08 16:10:11
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

In message
<Pine(_dot_)LNX(_dot_)4(_dot_)62(_dot_)0509081359170(_dot_)17352(_at_)sokol(_dot_)elan(_dot_)net>,
 "william(at)elan
.net" writes:

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Dave Crocker wrote:

[Note:  Not very long ago, I argued persuasively to a large and broad
movement within the IETF seeking to have the IETF adopt an anti-patent
position.

my memory is slipping worse that I thought.
i don't recall seeing evidence of the community's being persuaded.

It wasn't -- he's wrong.

I see: I'm wrong, but you didn't see the original note.  How thorough of
you.  Sounds more like: "Crocker is right, no matter what".

Wearing my IPR WG hat and citing a product of that WG...

Maybe if you are going to make official statements, you could do a more
thorough job of consulting both the statements being made, and your RFCs.
I just cited RFC3979, a more recent product of your working group. But
nothing I said was in contradiction to RFC3669, either. Not that you
bothered to read it before commenting.

[Didn't I just say something about fabrication of statements and
professional dishonesty...]

                --Dean

617 344 9000