new mailing list on call home

2005-09-20 09:47:35
Hello everyone,

I'd like to announce the creation of a new mailing list,
call-home(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)  The purpose of this list is to discuss
firewall
"call home" functionality and firewall traversal issues.  When I say
"call home" I mean the case where connections/communications are
initiated by applications that might more traditionally be classed
"servers".  The latest example is SNMP, and this is the one I will focus
my attention on.

I am developing a draft as well as a BoF agenda for a Bof I hope to hold
at IETF64, but relevant architectural points to the general notion are
welcome.

If you participated in the previous discussion on ISMS, I encourage you
to join call-home.  To subscribe, go to the following URL and follow the
directions:

Thanks for your time,

Eliot