RE: Anycast DNS [some tech] was RE: [dnsop] [dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com: Mismanagement of the DNSOP list]

2005-09-28 06:43:24

From: Dean Anderson [mailto:dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com]

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

Any change to the DNS infrastructure that is incompatible
with use of
anycast is not acceptable and will not be deployed.

I don't think you get to make that demand. Or rather, I don't
think you get to impose that demand.  But Root server
operators have to comply with RFC2870.
RFC2870 does get imposed.

If there is an ultimate authority on the Internet I am pretty sure it is
not you.