Re: delegating (portions of) ietf list disciplinary process (fwd)

2005-10-01 21:14:11
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

I didn't see this message from Ken Raeburn go to the IETF list. [I just found it
on the IETF archive site, I will respond in detail shortly.  Strangely, I should
have received 2 copies, one to dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com and one from the IETF
list. I have
neither.  Must have a mail problem somewhere.]

I think you illustrate quite well why I'm glad I don't have to talk to Dean
Anderson any more.

Any conversation where I can't toss of a casual remark without getting
virtually crucified for it is a conversation not worth having.

Harald was never "crucified". His personal remarks were inappropriate, as are
the remarks above.  But he was not reprimanded in any way.  Harald's personal
opinion of anyone is completely irrelevant to any business before the IETF,
unless it is to show that _Harald_ has a conflict of interest.

                --Dean

617 344 9000