Re: [PWE3] Last Call: 'IANA Allocations for pseudo Wire Edge to E dge Emulation (PWE3)' to BCP

2005-10-16 15:37:46
Eric,

Last Call Has ended , and I did not see any objections to using the IETF consensus instead of "reserved" . ( which I mean to be according to rfc 2434 )

I also support having the working changed from reserved to "IETF consensus according to rfc 2434" as suggested by Stewart. I believe that this will give the IETF the same degree os control, over the allocations , but will significantly cut down on bureaucracy.

Luca

Gray, Eric wrote:
Harald,

        Yes, word-smithing is hard.  In this case, there was
one position that the majority of the number spaces might
be used for vendor specific applications (where "vendor" -
in this case - includes organizations in general and vendor
cooperative fora specifically).

        The choice for "Standards Action" would eliminate at
least part of the number space from being used in this way
- even at the cost of going through the last call process.
It's hard to be both vendor proprietary and standard.

        Most of the negotiation process in this case has been
with an awareness of RFC 2434 as Thomas Narten and no less
than two current ADs have previously referred discussion to this RFC at least a few times.

--
Eric